Tuesday 24 July 2012

Going Shopping

Hey everyone! I can't believe we've only been here for a week and a half. So many new experiences! I can't decide what to post about first. :) I think I'll start with a few of the interesting things we've seen while out shopping. The Friday and Saturday after we got here we got to go to a few stores. Shopping here is a little overwhelming, especially when everything is swirling because of jet lag. We are starting to get the hang of making a mental currency exchange every time we look at an item's price tag. For the most part, things are cheaper here. Most people here are Hindu and strictly vegetarian, so it is hard to find meat for sale. Especially beef because cows are particularly sacred. But if you need bananas, rice, or curry seasonings, no problem.
The results of our first trip to the grocery store, notice the "pupped rice" lol
Anybody care for a banana? The itty bitty ones in the first picture are the best, very sweet.
You know, I've really been craving a good eel. lol
Mom, I was gonna bring him back just for you, but he didn't fit in the suitcase ;)
This is the poultry market.

No comments:

Post a Comment