Wednesday 5 September 2012

Mutton Pepperoni

Most of the time we get to eat awesome Indian food. But a couple nights a week I get to do some American style cooking. We have to do a lot of improvising because many ingredients are not available, or are very expensive. Most Indian kitchens do not have an oven as almost everything they make can be cooked in a wok on a gas range. So "everyday" baking ingredients aren't even sold in stores, like powdered cinnamon and brown sugar. I think I've mentioned before that beef is not very popular here, so they use all kinds of other weird meats like mutton, and buffalo. Just so you know, mutton pepperoni is really weird.  Here's a couple pictures of the pizza I made a few days ago. It turned out really yummy in spite of the weird pepperoni (if I do say so myself :0).


No comments:

Post a Comment